In our last Ofsted Inspection we continued to be rated as a ‘good’ school. The report highlighted many positive features including:
- Pupils at Peterchurch are keen to learn. They generally enjoy their lessons, particularly when activities are engaging.
- Behaviour is typically good and disruption to lessons is rare.
- Leaders make sure that staff are well trained in safeguarding, so that they are vigilant and know of any particular risks to pupils. Staff have ensured that pupils are fully aware of whom they can turn to if they are worried.
Whilst we are happy to remain a good school we are always striving to improve. The inspection team agreed with the School’s own self-evaluation and recognised the following area as priorities for development:
- Reviewing and redesigning the curriculum so that learning is better sequenced across year group.
- Reviewing and developing the reading curriculum in key stage 2 to ensure greater challenge.
- Developing the role of subject leaders in the school so that they are more equipped to make a stronger contribution to the development of the curriculum.
Click the link below to view previous Ofsted reports: